General Terms & Conditions
1. All prices are exclusive of VAT.
2. All prices are excluding delivery costs unless otherwise specified.
3. Prices are held firm for 60 days from date of quotation.
4. New clients will be required to pay in advance of any works being carried out. Payment will need to be received 10 days prior to the work commencing. Payment can be made by debit/credit card or BACs.
5. Payments not received in time will result in the works not being completed.
6. For all existing clients, trading terms are strictly net cash 30 days from date of invoice. Payment via BACS/cheque/Credit Debit Card.
7. All goods remain the property of General Environmental Services Ltd until paid for in full.
8. All prices assume normal weekday working (0800-1800) unless otherwise specified.
8. Details of any disputes with invoices are to be advised within 10 days from the date of invoice, otherwise GES will assume acceptance.
9. If a third party is required to collect overdue monies, then all additional costs will be passed on.
10. GES Ltd hereby notify the client of their statutory requirements as duty holder under current Water Hygiene Legislation detailed in INDG458. https://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg458.htm.
11. Late payment will incur interest charges at the rate of base + 8%.
12. Orders over £3000 will require a deposit % upfront. The Consultant will confirm this upon receiving an official order (typically this will be 50% upfront and 50% on completion of works).
13. Risk Assessments document will take 4 - 6 weeks to return once the assessment has been completed by the assessor. If the report is required urgently then the client should advise their consultant. Please note that this request will incur an additional administration fee.
14. Quotations – the individual prices on each line are subject to the entire quote being accepted (unless otherwise specified). If a separate quote is required for individual items, the client should advise their consultant.
15. Water samples are sub-contracted to a UKAS accredited laboratory; UKAS paperwork is available on request. LP Samples take up to 14 days. TVC samples take up to 6 days.
16. Cancellation – if a maintenance or remedial visit is cancelled within 48 hours of the scheduled date for attendance, then the full amount for those works will be invoiced. If a GES representative attends site for a confirmed visit and is refused access or cannot complete the tasks outlined above, then the full amount of those works will be invoiced. In the event of a cancelled or failed Risk Assessment visit, the above charges may be reduced to up to 50% of the labour charge.
17. Any changes to pre-planned appointments should be emailed to the Logistics Department, [email protected] no less than 48 hours prior to our attendance.
Additional Terms & Conditions relating to Contract Maintenance Schedules
18. The length of the contract is 12 months unless otherwise stated. If the client wishes to cancel the contract early, they will be required to give 3 months’ notice.
19. All costs are fixed for the duration of the contract period unless otherwise stated.
20. Unless otherwise agreed, the contract value will be invoiced in equal monthly instalments, for the duration of the contract.
21. Any variations to the contract during its term, will be agreed by both parties and may result in a change to the cost of services provided.
Additional Terms & Conditions relating to Legionella Tech
22. The length of the contract is 12 months unless otherwise stated.
23. All costs are fixed for the duration of the contract period unless otherwise stated.
24. Cancellation – If the client wishes to cancel within the contract period, they will be required to give 3 months’ notice. A charge of £450 + VAT will be made to uninstall the equipment.
GES is registered with Legionella Control Association (registration number 2001/1239) for selected categories, more information can be found at https://www.legionellacontrol.org.uk/directory.php
WD135 T and C Ver 02 31.05.22